Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's gonna be a Toy Society Christmas!



The Toy Society is doing Christmas, baby! And you're invited to be part of the fun.

What: A co ordinated simultaneous world-wide toy drop the weekend before Christmas. On that weekend a map with drop locations will be uploaded to the blog so you can see where all the Toy Society elves are active. Each toy drop will also then be uploaded to the blog as well as any finder emails.

When: The last weekend before Christmas.

Who: Anyone willing to make a handmade toy and drop it on the street the weekend before Christmas.

Why: Because it's Christmas, of course.

How: To be part of 'A Toy Society Christmas' email thetoysociety@gmail.com with the subject 'Christmas'. Don't forget to include a link to your blog if you have one. The code for the button above will be made available to everyone participating. If you're part of this you'll need to think of your drop location and submit that via email by December 1.

edited to add:
Oh and
, first 10 Aussies AND 10 non-Aussies to sign up to be part of 'A Toy Society Christmas' will receive a set of tags and letters to use on your toy.

If you're not a toy maker but would like to be part of this, keep an eye on the blog in the next few weeks as there will be another drop-ready toy give away.

23 comments:

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

Just sent my email! I'm being gifted a sewing machine over the Thanksgiving holiday and the toy for the Christmas drop will be my first project! I can't wait for the massive simultaneous drop. How fun!!

Noe said...

I can´t wait for christmas to come! I´ve already began choosing fabric for my toys...

Yey for this extremely fun proyect!

Amanda said...

I want in on the Christmas drop!

pen said...

I'm in!
pen x

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely in. Have been meaning to do this all year and since my personal gifts are complete would be happy to do a freebie.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Nice blog!
If you want to know the Most popular toys for this Christmas, enter here:
Most popular toys for this Christmas 2008 by age

Juddie said...

Oh please let me join in! I'm on holidays at the moment and can't access my email until next week, but I'd love it if you could let me join in. My email address is: juddie1[at]optusnet[dot]com[dot]au.

I alwo wanted to let you know that I have made three drops over the past couple of days in Hobart and Port Arthur, in Tasmania. A ilttle grey elephant with floral green ears waited for a new home in the Hobart Botanical Gardens, and a scotty dog, a bear and a cat all waited at the Port Arthur historic site. I'll post pics when I return to Melbourne next week.

Cheers,
Juddie

http://flightlessboyds.blogspot.com

Mistea said...

I have following your blog for a while and thought about participating, so this is just the perfect place to start. Have sent the email. Christmas is the perfect excuse to send more friends out into the world.

Kristine said...

I already have a toy ready for
Operation Christmas drop!..ROFL!!

Kristine@
Kitsch N Sink

Carolyn Michelle said...

This is so exciting! I've never done a drop before. Just sent off my e-mail. <3 I just love Christmas.

Michelle said...

Such a fantastic idea! Hope I'm not too late to be a part of it.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to play, too! Do you have any spots left for the US? I'll email right now!

ALS said...

I plan to drop in Chicago!

Leonie said...

Count me in, what a lovely idea. Have sent off my email!

Cate Lawrence said...

I'm excited!

Crescent Moon said...

I just signed up last night. What a fantastic project!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Bunny Maker said...

Hello - are you going to be doing this this year (2009)? as i'd love to take part if you are.
Just putting together two drops right now and blogging about it.
will mail you soon.

Jennifer Bojko said...

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward

bombamagagna said...

molto volentieri, ma mi dovete spiegare for dummies ;D

Leah said...

I've sent an email.

I'm in the UK and have been meaning to participate for a while so Christmas is the perfect time to get involved