Tuesday, May 12, 2009

FOUND: Drop # 238

edited to add photo:

Drop # 238 has been found!

******************************************8
fromKatie
tothetoysociety@gmail.com
dateMon, May 11, 2009 at 2:48 PM
subject[The Toy Society] New comment on Drop #238.




I found her! And she has traveled a long way already, with much further to go...

I was substitute teaching at Rosedale, signing in at 7:30 or so on 4/21, when I first saw her. A woman had brought her into the office, thinking she was lost. She was still there in the office at the end of the day, so I took a closer look. I could tell that you had a beautiful thing in mind by leaving her at Rosedale, but her fate lies beyond Austin. When I read the leaflet enclosed in her bag it struck me--my dear friend, Tara, whom I was headed to visit in N.C. was (and is) leaving the country for Honduras to work at World Camp for Kids. She was graduating, and we both travel a lot, and lightly... so I was having trouble figuring out what to give her. When I read the purpose of your gift to the world I knew that she was the perfect thing to take to Tara, who will take her to Argentina and give her to a lucky child there!

I have a photo of Tara and I with her, I would like to post it or send it, but I haven't quite found how on this blog. Anyway, thought you might like to know what she is up to! Thank you for your gift, it's already made two girls very happy!

1 comment:

Yarni Gras! said...

what its all about! yeah!