Sunday, October 18, 2009

FOUND: Drop # 643

Drop # 643 has been found!
***************************************
fromAndrea
tothetoysociety@gmail.com
dateThu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:45 PM
subjectFound Bear


On behalf of my daughter, thank you for the beautiful teddy bear that we found tied to a tree at Petit Library in Syracuse, NY. My daughter, nearly 5 years old, and son, just 2, and I were reading in the library garden when we noticed the bear. Upon closer inspection we read the Toy Society note and I asked if we should bring it home. My daughter, very sweetly said we should ask the librarian, Ms. Quinn first.


Ms. Quinn, of course, knew nothing about the teddy bear but wanted to come out to see. She then helped us by cutting the bear down for my daughter to bring home.


I just want to thank you for such a wonderful experience. We moved to Syracuse two years ago and have been making an strong effort to make this place home. We purchased a near the Library, in part because I too felt it was a special place and made us feel so connected to the neighborhood - something we had lacked in our last house and something we were missing because we live fairly far from family and old friends. For my daughter, whose transition in moving was difficult, to find such a magical gift was very touching.

(My son was also quite enthralled with the experience, trying valiantly with his simple vocabulary to tell his dad all about it - "Cut down. Library.")


To the question of whether the bear will be loved, there is no doubt. My daughter quickly reasoned he was just like Winnie the Pooh ( We just finished reading the original books a week or two ago) and she wanted to pull him up the stairs with a "bump. bump. bump" just like Christopher Robin. And there isn't a bear that is more loved than Winnie the Pooh.


Thank you.

No comments: