Sunday, January 3, 2010

Found: 09 Christmas Drop # 189

09 Christmas Drop # 189 has been found!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fiona
Date: Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM
Subject: Finding Corrine
To: thetoysociety@gmail.com


Hi!

My name is Fi and I found the beautiful Corrine last Wednesday 23rd during my lunchbreak. She was hanging from the sign ouside the library in Bellingen and caught my eye. As I got closer and saw her in all her beauty and the little card sayng that I could take her home, I felt a little shiver of excitement! She turned my day around entirely, I felt that it was now a very special day indeed...I showed everyone at work and Corrine had the same effect on all of them.

At first I had no doubt that I would wrap her up and give her to my little boy Louis for Christmas, which I was excited about. But the more I looked at her, the more I fell in love with her and she felt like a little message especially for me. After having my baby, my own creativity has suffered and I have been saddenned that art is no longer such a big part of my life. Corrine now sits in a prime position in our house as a little reminder to me of the importance of art and creativity in daily life, and how it can lift us out of the realm of the ordinary into somewhere really magical!

Thankyou! Thankyou thankyou thankyou, Rebecca, whoever you are.

Fi

xoxoxo

P.S I will be sure to feed her plenty of grapes, but never apples ,and make sure she gets lots of hugs from Louis too!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

YOU ARE SO VERY WELCOME FI-- reading your response made my day!! :)

Bec.